Permanent Wave Bay Area
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trigger Warning Guidelines

Go down

Trigger Warning Guidelines Empty Trigger Warning Guidelines

Post  helsabot Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:06 pm

Trigger warnings are customary in some feminist spaces. They are designed to protect people who have an extremely strong and damaging emotional response to certain subjects from encountering those subjects without warning. Having these responses is called "being triggered". Considering the material of this forum, we will definitely need trigger warnings for some of our posts. Overuse of trigger warnings can render them meaningless, so please be judicious about using them. If you are sharing an article or story on this forum and it contains graphic descriptions (not just quick mentions) of any the following, please put *TRIGGER WARNING: [type of trigger]* at the top of your post.

- Verbal, physical or sexual assault and abuse
- Excessive sexist, racist, homophobic or transphobic slurs
- Self-harming behavior like suicide, addiction, self-inflicted injury, or disordered eating

For example: if I were posting an article about the Penn State abuse scandal that included specific details about the assaults, I would put (without quotes) "*TRIGGER WARNING: sexual abuse of children*" at the top of my post. That way, a person will know whether the triggering content applies to them without being exposed to it.
helsabot
helsabot
Admin

http://bikeladiesunite.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum