BAKE SALE!!

Go down

BAKE SALE!!

Post  lindseylee on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:33 am

Hey all!

So at tonight's meeting, we all decided that a good first PermaWave Bay Area event would be to host a bake sale! The proceeds of the benefit will go to Planned Parenthood. The tentative date for the bake sale is Saturday July 14 @ 11:30 (get there around 10:30/11 to help set up). We are still trying to in down a location, but Tim is going to contact Avi to see if he would be down to let us do it in front of his house.

This is the checklist that we made at the meeting (anything that doesn't say CHECK next to it means it's not taken care of/accounted for:

People to bake: CHECK
Table to set up on: CHECK
PermaWave Bay sign/poster for table: CHECK
Permit & Location:
Choose organization: CHECK (planned parenthood)

We also want to set a date to have a little baking party where we'll choose a couple recipes right before the bake sale and hang out and bake stuff together.

So far it seems like everyone is interested in baking something and we want to have gluten free, vegan, and non-vegan options! If you would like to bake something, please respond to this thread or send out an email on the listserve stating WHAT you are making and HOW MANY you are making.

I'll also send out all this information in an e-mail.
Thanks y'all! I'm excited!!!! Very Happy
lindseylee

Back to top Go down

Re: BAKE SALE!!

Post  aemilius on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:07 pm

I will definitely bake something vegan, although I'm not sure what yet. These are my options:
--Chocolate chip cookies, which I bake all the time and everyone loves them
--Chocolate chip cookies with Oreos inside, which are amazing but sometimes they look odd.
--Chocolate stout brownies, which I haven't made yet, but if I can make them before the sale and they turn out well, I'll make them again for the sale.

aemilius

http://insanecatgentleman.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  WhatFreshHeck on Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:53 pm

I spoke to Avi and he's going to be out of town, but he's fine with us having the bake sale in front of his place. We'll hopefully have someone who lives there helping us out, but if none of his roommates can volunteer, I'll work something out with him.

I'm kind of awful at cooking, but if anyone wants a baking assistant let me know, I guess.
WhatFreshHeck

http://whatfreshheckisthis.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  aemilius on Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:41 pm

WhatFreshHeck wrote:I spoke to Avi and he's going to be out of town, but he's fine with us having the bake sale in front of his place. We'll hopefully have someone who lives there helping us out, but if none of his roommates can volunteer, I'll work something out with him.

I'm kind of awful at cooking, but if anyone wants a baking assistant let me know, I guess.

Thanks for talking to him!

I made a test batch of the chocolate stout brownies. Although I burned them, I think I know how to avoid that the next time, and once I cut off the burned part they were quite yummy. So, I can make those. I might as well make chocolate chip cookies also, since I'll have all the ingredients.
aemilius

http://insanecatgentleman.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  aliciajean on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:15 pm

Great to hear that we have a location secured!

Any updates on the Planned Parenthood connection? That would be really cool if we could have some of their gear on the table to pass out.

Also, did that fb page ever get set up? If not, I'd probably be able to do it. Just don't want to make a duplicate if it already got done.

Trying to think of what else needed to be done...

cyclops cyclops cyclops
aliciajean

http://goldrushhh.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down