Permanent Wave Bay Area
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting to know you, getting to know all abouuuut youuuu!

+11
crompostable
thereisnodanaonlyzuul
nicalea
MarsAttacks
olivia~
aliciajean
SarahG
lindseylee
WhatFreshHeck
aemilius
helsabot
15 posters

Go down

Getting to know you, getting to know all abouuuut youuuu! Empty Getting to know you, getting to know all abouuuut youuuu!

Post  helsabot Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:43 pm

Introduce yourself! What's your name, why are you here, who's your favorite feminist, what was the last thing you ate, etc...

I'm Zoë! I live in SF and organized the first PWBA meeting. I'm super excited about doing awesome stuff. All I eat these days is Annie's Cashew Spread, a magical vegan cheese substitute.
helsabot
helsabot
Admin

http://bikeladiesunite.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Getting to know you, getting to know all abouuuut youuuu! Empty Re: Getting to know you, getting to know all abouuuut youuuu!

Post  aemilius Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:19 pm

Hey, I'm Emily and I live in Redwood City ("climate best for civil
unrest"). I want to talk about feminism (and spread the word/show that
feminism is still relevant and important), make new friends & build
community, and do fun art & music stuff. To build on the vegan cheese theme, the last thing I ate was
nachos. Yum yum! And, I love memes. cheers
aemilius
aemilius

http://insanecatgentleman.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Getting to know you, getting to know all abouuuut youuuu! Empty Re: Getting to know you, getting to know all abouuuut youuuu!

Post  WhatFreshHeck Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:50 pm

I'm Tim. It's Zoe's fault I'm here. I'd like prove that feminism can be a fun and inclusive movement without watering down the message.
I ate fancy pizza for lunch today and like three days every week for the past six years. Whenever I quit working down the street from the Emeryville Arizmendi Bakery it's going to be a really tough time for me and my ability to plan lunches.
WhatFreshHeck
WhatFreshHeck

http://whatfreshheckisthis.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lindseylee Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:32 pm

Hey! I'm Lindsey, and I'm super stoked that PermaWaveBay exists! I am really excited to talk about feminism and truly practicing intersectionality in all feminist discussions. I am really into promoting youth activism and I'm really excited to get more involved with Bay Area women's organizations/put on benefit shows. The last thing I ate was amy's no-chicken noodle soup with a ginger ale.
lindseylee
lindseylee

Back to top Go down

Post  SarahG Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:18 pm

Hi, I'm Sarah. I live in the foggy Sunset. It was cool meeting you all last night (got all excited about drawing, stickering and generally a space to be creative in!). I'm also pretty excited about having people to talk about feminism with and learn from them.

The last thing I ate was cold pizza my roommate didn't want and ramen noodles (living the dream).
SarahG
SarahG

Back to top Go down

Post  aliciajean Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:44 pm

I'm Alicia. I live in Potrero Hill. I've been wanting to get involved in something like this for a long time now, and I'm super excited for this group to start making things happen. Stoked about making zines and prints and organizing shows and finally having some cool kids around to smash the patriarchy with :P Ready for biking and baking and crafting and everything else on the agenda. Also, if anyone wants to start a super radical angry band sometime in the future, let me know! Mostly just happy to be able to meet like-minded people and have a supportive feminist community presence in SF.
aliciajean
aliciajean

http://goldrushhh.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  aemilius Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:00 am

aliciajean wrote:Also, if anyone wants to start a super radical angry band sometime in the future, let me know!

This probably deserves its own thread, but I think it would be awesome to start a permanent wave-based band! I bet that among us, we have enough musicians to put a band together.
aemilius
aemilius

http://insanecatgentleman.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  olivia~ Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:02 am

totally have been wanting to start a qt girl band as well this should happen
olivia~
olivia~

http://spookysister.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  olivia~ Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:38 pm

I'm Olivia and I live in potrero hill. Ive grown up in San Francisco and have also been wanting to be involved with something like this for a while. I like making zines, vegan baking, sailor moon, female punk music, animals, sewing and gardening. Super excited to meet new people and expand my feminist community in the bay area. Also I think it would be really cool to make patches or something or the sort to distribute as well~~
olivia~
olivia~

http://spookysister.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Getting to know you, getting to know all abouuuut youuuu! Empty Heyyy there!!!

Post  MarsAttacks Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:21 am

I'm Marissa Rea, aka Bissi, aka Mars. I'm super stoked that someone (ZOE) took the initiative and started PermWaveBayArea. Iv'e been looking for a group like this for a long time. I'm really excited to be joining the group that really wants to be active and do some great feminist-y stuff around the Bay. Hmmmm...the last thing I ate was some vegan Patxi's pizza with lots of jalapenos; sooo yummy!!!

"I am a Goddess. A glorious, female warrior.
Queen of all that I survey.
Enemies of fairness and equality, hear my womanly roar:
YAAAAAAAAAAAH! "
-Leslie Knope
MarsAttacks
MarsAttacks

Back to top Go down

Getting to know you, getting to know all abouuuut youuuu! Empty HI HELLO !

Post  nicalea Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:06 am

hello! i'm nic!

i'm really excited to use all these emoticons!

i'm stoked to be part of perm wave and read and read and read
and write angsty, empowered poems (poetry is my #1 thing)

also, i want to be in a band called GALENTINE'S DAY

KNOPE 2012

!
!
!
pig cat monkey
nicalea
nicalea

http://humanshumans.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  thereisnodanaonlyzuul Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:10 pm

FINALLY got this thing working! Okay, well, I'm Dana and I'm a Women and Gender Studies major at San Francisco State. I also currently have an internship at United Educators of San Francisco. I'm a SoCal transplant and glad for it considering I lived in one of the most conservative counties in the entire state. I am a person of varied interests ranging from music, to reading, to cooking/baking, crafting of almost any sort, to just sitting down and marathoning tv shows and films or browsing the internet (tumblr) for hours and hours. I've also participated in every nerdy activity under the sun and love every dang one of them. I'm just at some vegan gluten free frozen waffles with natural peanut butter and syrup!
And for those of you who want to make a band, I'd be in to that!
I can play the piano and uhhh...that's about it.
thereisnodanaonlyzuul
thereisnodanaonlyzuul

http://thereisnodanaonlyzuul.tumblr.com/chellisntwhite.tumblr.co

Back to top Go down

Post  crompostable Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:49 am

Hi im spencer. Im queer, and gender
isnt important to me on a personal level either; Any and all pronouns
are ok as long as you arent bashing me. Im from the bay area and I
live in sf. Im a bike mechanic/fabricator, and in every other facet
of my life bikes play an integral part. I am allergic to curry and
weed, even through inhalation (yes, im serious) so im not physically
able to go to a whole lot of places I wish I could. Dont ask me to
Zantes, or any house show, cause I cant go!

Im here for a bunch of reasons, but ill try and stick to the basics. Id like
to help efforts to create safe spaces that are such in practice, not
just in theory. I hope to improve my verbal comprehension, and
possibly gain experience with a variety of communication styles. I
want to learn and grow.
crompostable
crompostable

Back to top Go down

Post  shatteredmilo Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:42 pm

Hi everyone!
I'm sorry for being super behindsies on this. I'm Milo, and identify as genderqueer ("they/them"). So far I've only made it to the second Permawave mtng, but I LOVED it and am so excited for more! I'm a senior at state in gender studies and love talking queer theory, self-care, music, genderf*cking, etc etc. I like taking photos, riding my bike, smashing cis/hetero/homonormativity and monosexism, hermiting out in my loft bed and reading (currently "The Chronology of Water!" Highly recommended!), going to shows, and drinking way too much coffee. The last thing I ate was a vgn crm chz bagel with blackberry jam. cat
shatteredmilo
shatteredmilo

http://milogoes2college.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  shatteredmilo Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:43 pm

olivia~ wrote:Also I think it would be really cool to make patches or something or the sort to distribute as well~~
So down for patches! Also the band. I can sing and do not much else.
shatteredmilo
shatteredmilo

http://milogoes2college.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  digforfire Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:42 am

Hey everyone! My name's Jasmine but I'm trying to get people to call me by my middle name Ariel. This is a new thing so you'll probably hear other people call me Jasmine. I live in Alameda, right next to Oakland. I used to live in Australia.

I'm here because I want to meet people with similar ideas and interests. I'm also trying to overcome my social anxiety, and I figure the best way to do this is to face my fears and introduce myself to new people. So yeah.. sorry if I come off as a bit shy or standoffish at first.

The last thing I ate was marinated lamb chops, stir fried asparagus, and steamed rice. I've been thinking about becoming a vegan or vegetarian, but I don't really know enough about it yet.

Also, I'm totally down with this band idea. Me and my partner were actually planning on picking up a guitar first thing tomorrow, since we've both had the urge to play lately.

Can't wait to meet you guys! : )
digforfire
digforfire

http://digfor-fire.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Violent Vickie Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi. I am JC. I want to create positive change. Some of my favorite feminists are Kathleen Hanna, Alice Walker and bell hooks. I didn't eat yet today, but I really want to! I think I'm gonna go get a salad with artichoke hearts and olives. mmmmmmm
<3

Violent Vickie

http://www.violentvickie.com

Back to top Go down

Post  poppers the pony Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:22 pm

hi everyone--my name is dorian. i'm an artist and curate monthly exhibitions at the center for sex and culture in san francisco. please let me know if the meetings are happening and where. i'd like to meet more artists and see their work. maybe collaborate on making art or curating.

poppers the pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum